Since 2005, Mission Measurement has been a recognized leader in measuring and improving social outcomes for the world’s leading philanthropies, non-profits, governments, and corporations, including Google, Disney, Coca Cola, The Gates Foundation, Ashoka, and more. Through our custom consulting and thought leadership, we created the Impact Genome Project – the largest social sector evidence base in the world – to enable a data-driven approach to uncover what works to drive social change. This pioneering effort has led to advances in our product offerings and the creation of standardized approaches to measurement and reporting to help advance and develop key benchmarks across the social sector. The end results of our work – more lives improved, more effective organizations, higher return on social investment – are incredibly rewarding.
Talented professionals are drawn to our work for several reasons:
– A sense of fulfillment by applying analytics and business strategy to social issues in a professional services setting
– Clients that include innovative leaders in the corporate, non-profit, and public sectors
– The opportunity to influence and contribute to the growth and development of a fast-growing social innovation firm
Our entrepreneurial culture is conducive to impactful personal and professional development opportunities that allow our employees to grow. We encourage everyone to push the boundaries of our capabilities, initiatives, and thought capital to help them exceed their personal and professional goals.
Mission Measurement is seeking a full-time Associate to serve as a core member of the consulting team. In this role, she/he will advise clients on outcomes- and evidence-based approaches to enhance their social impact, leveraging the Impact Genome Project and all the resources Mission Measurement has to offer.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the next stage of growth for Mission Measurement at a time when the social sector is going through a period of transformation. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing and developing deliverables for clients across the social sector as part of a larger team, with responsibilities including:
Problem Solving: Help execute quantitative and qualitative research and measurement to address client needs; structure analytic plans and work with team members to complete timely and accurate analysis; identify and synthesize key insights and strategic implications to form a compelling case; support the development of best-in-class client-ready deliverables
Communications: Present key findings from work output in internal and external settings; develop initial drafts and report sections as part of client deliverables; demonstrate poise and professionalism in client communications and interactions; foster positive interactions between MM and clients to build the firm reputation and strengthen client relationships
Project Management: Follow project timelines and prioritize individual and team work tasks to ensure deadlines are met; proactively communicate the status of deliverables and work through bottlenecks to help ensure a seamless work process; support senior team members in keeping projects on time and within budget
Firm Building: Compile and document learnings from client engagements and research findings to assist in firm knowledge building; leverage project experience to provide feedback on enhancing firm product and service offerings; collaborate with senior team members to develop thought capital for the sector
The ideal candidate will be passionate about generating positive social impact by applying a business-minded approach to the social sector, as well as the following:
– Bachelor’s degree with a focus in social sciences, engineering, economics, policy, organization design, or business (Master’s preferred)
– 2+ years experience on a program/project team, or in professional services role that included significant client deliverable execution or analysis (social/civic sector experience a plus)
– Passion for generating positive social impact by applying a business- or consulting-minded approach to the social sector
– Experience conducting research activities, such as: qualitative research (1:1 interviewing), quantitative research techniques (survey design), competitive landscaping, market segmentation, and/or audience profiling
– Successful track record synthesizing quantitative and qualitative insights
– Strong analytical, creative, and critical thinking skills
– Ability to thrive in fast-paced consulting and/or start-up environment
– Proficiency in both Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
Please send expressions of interest and resumes to email@example.com, with “Associate, Consulting” in the subject line.
Learn more about Mission Measurement at https://www.missionmeasurement.com/
Learn more about the Impact Genome® at https://www.impactgenome.org/